PlayStation is said to have exclusive products left on the console

Well, the rumors are true. PlayStation is returning to its roots, and going forward “narrative single-player games” will be PlayStation exclusives, essentially ending a PC initiative that began in 2020 with Horizon Zero Dawn jumping from the PlayStation 4.

First shared on social media by Bloomberg's Jason Schreier, the announcement was reported to have been made by Herman Hulst, CEO, Studio Business Group, Sony Interactive Entertainment, during a town hall on Monday.

SCOOP: PlayStation studio CEO Hermen Hulst told staff at a town hall Monday morning that the company's narrative single-player games will now be exclusive to PlayStation, confirming Bloomberg reporting from earlier this year. Original story from March: www.bloomberg.com/news/article… — Jason Schreier (@jasonschreier.bsky.social) 2026-05-18T18:47:45.020Z

Note that Schreier's report specifies that it is “narrative single-player games” that will no longer be seen on PC going forward. That leaves room for Sony's live service initiatives to continue to be released on the platform.

However, this means that recently released titles like Ghost of Yotei and Saros, plus future titles like Marvel's Wolverine and Intergalactic: The Heretic Prophet will not be released on PC going forward. Instead, they will remain on PlayStation 5 hardware.

The likes of Lost Soul Aside, Death Stranding 2, and Stellar Blade have all been released on PC in recent months, though their publishing, development, and rights statuses are a bit murkier.

Marvel Tokon: Fighting Souls will be released on PC in August, though that title isn't developed by a true first-party and likely falls under the live service as well.

That would mean the last traditional exclusive to release on PC is The Last of Us Part Two Remastered last April.

Kratos rages in a cutscene from God of War Ragnarok.

PlayStation will regret leaving the PC behind

A recent Bloomberg report suggests that PlayStation games are no longer coming to PC.

PlayStation's return to exclusivity has never really been revealed

Originally, rumors began circulating back in February that PlayStation would no longer release its big budget titles on PC, a sudden shift that saw a planned port of Ghost of Yotei scrapped within weeks of its inception.

All the while, it was never fully explained why PlayStation would move back. Some experts believed it had to do with the impending release of the Steam Machine and Sony not wanting its games to be playable on another home console. Others claimed it had to do with Xbox's Project Helix, which allows users to access their PC games on the console.

Meanwhile, sales data pointed to several games that failed to generate the kind of revenue that would keep Sony releasing on PC. There's also the element of Sony titles not being released with Denuvo DRM, meaning they were cracked by pirates and released online, often within minutes, or the fact that the titles took a long time to release on PC, often months after popularity waned.

Either way, PlayStation is keeping things in house for the foreseeable future, at least when it comes to its single-player titles.

PlayStation 5 Tag Page Cover Art-1

Stamp

Sony

Original release date

November 12, 2020

Original MSRP (USD)

$499, €499, £449, £49,980 (Base) // $399, €399, £359, £39,980 (Digital),

Operating system

Orbis Olympics

Processor

Custom 8-core AMD Zen 2

Resolution

720p – 8K


Lego Batman chills in a hot tub in Lego Batman Legacy of the Dark Knight.

Lego Batman: Legacy Of The Dark Knight Review — TT games didn't skip leg day

Lego Batman: Legacy of the Dark Knight is easily TT Games' best work since the golden age of Indiana Jones and Marvel Super Heroes.

Leave a Comment